Contributors

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Execution

Bind me up up so I cannot flee
Before I'm flung into the sea
So my hatred may be ever-soaked
And I'll no longer be provoked

The ocean waves find my faults
Each gnashing their teeth of salt
A hunger is born to tear my pale flesh
And eat my soul while the anger's still fresh

I wish to fly and close my eyes
But I am weighted by the mass despise
This bird with ripped wings is now held down
And her heart of gold has turned to brown

My captors are daring and fierce like the sea
But only through the hatred they feel for me
My time has come for damp eyes to turn wetter
And I can't help but feel that I could have done better

I'm pushed to the edge so I may taunt the sea
One nice meal and not so much as a fee
Before I know it, a hand shoves me behind
And as I fall through the air, I say goodbye to my angry mind.

5 comments:

  1. Stop writing such good poetry. It makes us terrible poets feel jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) I love your blog!
    ~ Jess
    Check out mine:
    myagdollstory14.blogspot.com
    sixfarawayfriends.blogspot.com
    agkailey14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! <3