Contributors

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Poem About My Mother.

We had a homework assignment which was to write a poem about either one of our parents and I chose my Mom, she was a little angry at me that day so I am glad this made her a little bit happy. 
Feel free to critique it and tell me what I did wrong.
I'm particularly proud of this poem, and it's the first poem I've written that I'm proud of.
This is also my first post here. You're going to be seeing more of me here, I've been reading a lot which has inspired me to write a lot.

Mother
My life without her
would be tedious, mundane and bland.
She’s a small sweet cocoon
that shelters me
from the wild, the evil and the foul.
Her smile glows like the radiant sun
that lights up the earth.
I wish I can and relive
all the precious moments I spent with her
and I hope they live eternally.
She’s a voluminous tree
that keeps me shaded
from the wet and stormy nights.
Her hugs are like shields
that keep away enemies.
Her eyes are flowing rivers
of burnt umber paint.
She’s a never ending basket of joy
that lifts my spirits.
Her love is immortal and vast
and stronger than the force of gravity.
-Rawan

1 comment:

  1. I really like it! I know I couldn't do this good a poem about my mom O.o. lol

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! <3