Contributors

Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Breath

Okay, I'm going to feel some INTENSE emotions on Sunday, (*cough*nervousness) so I just have to write a poem.


When I close my eyes at night I think of you
And all I want is you and your blue
Eyes, reading my last thoughts
...And I thought you ought

My heart will speed like an antsy drum
I hope you'll know where I'll be coming from
While I tense up and my nervous fears are still left,
Before it all falls, I'll take my last breath

Of the life I had before, but now it's closing in
But I couldn't take the 'what could have been'
So to tell you the truth I really mean it
There's no extinguisher, the fire is lit

I never told you what I was thinking
And now I see, for a year I've been sinking
So I'll tell you, before I blow
And maybe you'll tell me what I need to know

As I take my last breath of the life I had before
Then I'll be falling, now no one will ignore
Me anymore...Because they know I'm waiting
I'm still contemplating...

But now you'll know what I've thought about you,
Please help me understand...I hope you do


Background: Last night, I had had it. Finally I typed up a long letter for the guy I like and on Sunday, I plan for my friend to give it to him. I'm nervous about it, but I know I need to say it. I can't hold it all in forever. Basically, as I nervously watch my friend give it to him, I'll take my last breath before everything unfolds or creases itself up even more. It's a huge risk, but I need to take it. If you don't get why, do you know the song 'Nothing Ever Happens' by Rachel Platten?

1 comment:

We love comments! <3