Contributors

Friday, February 24, 2012

Andromeda-Poem

I came up with this idea a couple of days ago, but it is the strangest thing you would ever read. I'm going to put my idea in a poem for now, (it's 6:37AM on a school day as I'm typing this)but later I may actually write for it. I must say, it will be extremely difficult.

The war is the past, at least for me
As I burst through light years, out our galaxy
It takes only a few minutes with our high-speed ship
As we sail through space on a desperate life-saving trip

To the one hundred people aboard, the captain shouts,
"Andromeda rests here, be ready to confront your doubts"
I know he is right and I am frightened to be hurled into an endless bowl
As we creep closer and gravity rips us, we're sucked down into the black hole

A roar pierces out ears and we're yanked all about
Can't back out of it now, there's no way to get out
The sky is dark, so ever-frozen, and has no promise of light
Suddenly the brightness inside the craft appears to be a beautiful sight

It takes only a second for an object to come in sight,
We slow down and soon land, but how could that be right!
In this black hole, is another world, like Earth without nearby luminosity
After the captain finds it safe we begin to trudge, led by fascination and curiosity

So here I am today, or tonight as I might say
Hiding behind a darkened veil, feeling like fresh prey
As I watch the girl in the lighthouse light, her eyes fixed on to the ocean
She turns her head and I nearly gasp, each eye is glowing red-I won't dare to make a motion

1 comment:

  1. You were right; this is one of the strangest things I'll probably ever read. xD Kidding, I've read stranger things before... O.o

    The idea sounds great! Sounds very... Trekkie. Trekkie's good. Yay! :D

    Sorry for the compulsive Trekkieness. It's part of my life.

    I can't wait to read your story. Emily says, and I quote, "If she made a story out of this, I would so read it."

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! <3