Contributors

Sunday, February 19, 2012

If I Bleed

The wind rushes through the trees
My cold face can feel the breeze
It's still and ever lonely
Not a soul around, if only

No one cares how I feel,
A reticent girl as cold as steel
But I fight my way into the night
One last look back, but there's no one in sight...

If I bleed, who will catch the drops
When they've fallen, it's like it'll never stop
I slip into the night so no one will hear my screams
For someone to care, I couldn't even dream,

If I could pick one to care,
I'd be unwilling to share,
But I know it's the only thing I'd want for sure
To dream about when I'm sore

But now I twirl in the wind to my own song
It's not mainstream, but that's not wrong
And I sway into the night
Know I'm barely searching for that light

It's out reach, just how I want it to be
But I know you'll never come to see...
Because if I bleed the reddened drops,
He's the only reason they would stop...

2 comments:

  1. I just realized I haven't commented on this yet.

    Pretty depressing, truly. Wonderfully written with beautiful metaphors and similes, but depressing all the same.

    We all go through points in life where it seems as though no one gives a crap about if we're here or not tomorrow. Sadly, those feelings are often true to what's happening in the minds of those around us.

    Now I finished my long psychological profile of today's youth; I really like your poem!

    Any idea on when you're going to post again? Has school just really got you bogged down?

    I'm starting to get concerned, Lauren. I haven't heard anything from you for a while. Is everything alright?

    Someone cares if you bleed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I hadn't realized it had been a while since I posted. I didn't know I should have more often, but I was gone on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning for a church thing. (THE most amazing weekend of my life. I made four awesome new friends, and also got to see 'him'.)

      But I did post something an hour ago, more depressing stuff.

      Delete

We love comments! <3