Contributors

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How I'd Live

The raindrops would fall and I could feel the sweet cold glass
But it wouldn't be all I had, though to get this, I'd be the last
I'd have those eyes, that sweet smile, I'd no longer have to grope
But I feel that day will never come, and for tomorrow I'm losing hope

Oh I'd dance around with my smile so bright, my eyes shining like the Sun
My worries would fly away to the sky, and I'd ignore everyone
Oh how I'd live if I could fly, and soar for miles and miles...
But today I lack love, and you wonder why this sad girl never smiles

Next fall I'll work my way through the fight,
Battle nosy high schoolers every day and night
I can be kicked by teasing until I go insane
But just waiting curious in silence gives the worst pain

Does he? He doesn't? I always assume not
But what is the true answer I have always sought?
Since the end of last April, I've pondered this thought
Could that sweet trumpet player like me or not?

3 comments:

  1. I don't see what there's not to like about you! You are an amazing person in your own right, Lauren! Any boy would be insane or blind not to see that.

    Wow, that sounded kind of creepy coming from me... I'm not AG32, I'm not AG32, I'm not AG32.

    You're an excellent author, poet, and quite the philosopher. Seriously. Boys need to see that interesting girls are way more enjoyable to be around and have conversations with than the dumb airheads.

    I can only wish you the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He may actually like me, but I'm still lacking proof. He's not one of those Mary-Sue guys weird teen girls always write about. He's not that popular, not a football player, usually not considered 'cool'. (Some people consider him to be a dork.) I've been told that I have bad taste. -_-
      I naturally dislike the guys my friends like. I'm fine with having 'bad taste'.

      He's a year older than me and is a freshman whereas I'm still stuck at an intermediate school, so I never really get to see him. I'm 'quiet', so almost none of my friends even know about how I write. A couple of weeks ago I actually wrote a poem about him, and my friends wanted to give it to him. XD It was badly written, I was bored, and I just wanted to write about his eyes. XD

      But I never really tell people about writing, but when I show them they're like: (0.0)-...poo
      XD

      Really, (as hinted in the poem) I can stand all the obstacles in high school. (Nosy trumpet players, to be exact. It seems a certain trumpet player spread this around to people I don't even know.) The issue is my staying here and waiting, not getting to see him, wondering. It's agonizing because nothing's happening. Next year is going to be hard, but you know what Rachel Platten says:

      "Nothing ever happes if you don't get dirty."

      Delete
  2. I was going to commenting something, but Danielle's is much too good. So, I second her. :)

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! <3