Contributors

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

COD-McDonald's PlayPlace Style ~ Ch. 1

I'm totally stealing Emily's McDonald's theme, but it should be okay. I don't play Call of Duty, but I've seen the trombone players play real-life COD in the band hall. XD (God save them!)

I scrambled up the purple slide, my quick fingers squeaking against its surface. I stepped onto the hard platform and adjusted my jacket before heading up the steps. I was now faced with a baffling decision. Holy ketchup. Should I take the red tunnel on the left, the green tunnel on the right, or the mystifying yellow tunnel? When I heard my friends burst through the doors to the PlayPlace, I chose quickly. I knew I was risking it, but I darted straight ahead into the yellow tunnel.

I crawled on my hands and knees through uncharted territory. When I was a kid, I had never gone down here. The big kids spread rumors about a partially closed off section with a big hole in it. Apparently there was just enough space to crawl in, but once inside you would fall out of the hole. Being slightly acrophobic, (and five) I naturally steered clear not only from that particular section, but also the whole yellow tunnel. After a few seconds, I had found it.

There was a wooden board erected to cover part of the big hole, oddly painted yellow to match its surroundings. No doubt its camouflage was to lure kids towards their untimely death. I knew I was taking a risk, but I slowly crawled over and peeked my head into the minimized entrance. Mango smoothie pulp! (I apoligize for the language.) There wasn't a hole! There was a platform perforated with diamond-shaped holes, as the platforms and steps had been, and at the end of this section and into the round bubble, there was regular yellow slide flooring. For some reason a part of the flooring had broken off, leaving the metal part underneath. Or maybe it was put there afterward because the flooring was damaged. Nevertheless, there was no black hole of doom. Suddenly, my lips formed into a smile. As long as they never found this place, I could share the rumor with my friends.

I dashed inside, then heard my friends' footsteps on the platform, whom all shrieked briefly when the rest of my team entered the PlayPlace. If I told them the rumor was true, they wouldn't check this area. This, and the overall epicness, made the closed off section a good hideout. I sat on the other side of the board while a couple of opponents ran to find their own hideouts and victims. However two girls, Camryn and Lacye, stood right outside my hiding spot, arguing over whether they should turn back and take to the red tunnel instead. I was about to make this decision for them. Slyly, I pointed my french fry gun out of the hole and fired. Two direct hits. I instinctively pulled my gun back out of sight, not spoiling the mystery. Shocked, Camryn and Lacye sprinted off to the red tunnel. Yep. Should've taken the red one.

5 comments:

  1. This was entertaining, to say the least (which I have a bad habit of doing xP). I've never played CoD either, but I have to listen to stupid boys talk about it. :D

    I don't think Emily will mind... maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's okay! I'm TERRIBLE at giving feedback! (And usually when I WANT to, it's not good. XD)

      Well I just took McDonalds...well, technically the PlayPlace.

      Ugghh. My description of surroundings is like mango slushie pulp. *slaps hand over mouth* LANGUAGE! UGH!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I don't mind quitting if it does bother her. I'm actually that type of person who gets mad if just a piece is copied. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't. I'm just messing with you. (I love messing with people. ^.^)

      She said that she might use your running-around-the-PlayPlace idea, as she puts it. :D

      Delete
    2. Ahh, okay. XD

      I'm cool with that, I'm just using an epically (Erm...word?) awkward setting for a real-life video game.

      Delete

We love comments! <3