Contributors

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Un-named project

Hello. I'm brusselsprouthead also known as BSH. I'm currently writing a story and I'd love some critiquing. I.E. You need to describe somebody more, be more descriptive, etc. Alright lets begin.
**********************************

School. What do you think of when you hear the word school? Craggy old classrooms, teachers droning on and on, your classmates' antics, lunch period, or etc.? Now that you've got a picture in your head, imagine a school where 1804 seems new. Then put a very old, in fact old is used lightly, teacher that looks like she ate way too many cookies. I slightly turn my head to the left and I see my best friend, Leon, whose profile I can see perfectly. Shaggy firetruck red hair and a black streak across his zig-zagged bangs. His wonderfully sculpted face also includes a set of doe brown eyes and pale skin almost like a vampire. His body is lanky just like a cheetah's and he can fight like them, too.

"Miss Faira, maybe you can stop day dreaming and answer the question." I heard Miss Zuler bark at me, her voice snapping me out of my day dream. Miss Zuler never married and detests kids of all ages, which makes no sense to me since she teaches High school World History. "Um..." I murmured, " Can you repeat the question?" I heard some of the class snicker and Miss Zuler rolled her eyes, but in the corner of my eye I saw Leon shoot me a sympathetic look. " Leon," Miss Zuler once again barked, reminding me of a pit bull. " When did World War II begin?" Leon sighed then answered, "1939." Miss Zuler almost looking satisfied turned on her heel then started talking and didn't stop until the end of class.

When the bell finally rang, I was overjoyed until Tianna came my way. I prepared myself for a pithy comment. What would she so blatantly point out today? My hair? My body? My face? All of the above? Then hearing more footsteps coming my way, I once again joined brutal reality and saw the rest of the popular clique come my way. Tianna, the self-proclaimed head of the clique, was tall as a supermodel and just as skinny. On top of all of that, she has light blonde hair, baby blues, and wears skirts way too short and tees way too snug. I mentally visualized my head banging against a wall then managed to say in a slightly annoyed tone, " May I help you people?" Tianna replied in her soprano voice, " Yes we want you to go join a circus." Apparently, I'm bad at sorting jokes from badly made comments, because all of her entourage laughed. I shook it off then grabbed my backpack and hoisted it over my shoulder. I was just about to spin and leave when I heard Tianna say impersonating a baby's voice," Is wittle Fai storming out? Aww, how cute. " I was about to really hit my head on the wall when my instinct took over and I heard myself say, " Tianna, do you think I wanna here you squeak bad insults? No, just so your pea brain body can rest easy." Tianna looked stunned then she narrowed her eyes and said," You must want to fight." Instinct told me to run, but my body didn't respond. I watched in horror as I saw Tianna's fist come at me. I closed my eyes bracing for impact. A couple of beats later, I opened my eyes to see a tall figure holding Tianna's wrist. Looking up slowly, I saw firetruck red hair. "Leon." My head said.
********************************
Sorry, its longer but that's all I had on this paper. According to my classmate, she thinks its wonderful while I think its terrible. Hope you guys liked it and the reason I didn't describe Faira is because its also from Leon's point of view and he describes her. It's quite longer ( I've been writing is for 3 hrs total and have 6 pages.) but this is all I could bring home. Thanks for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. This is pretty good so far. I noticed some missing punctuation, but that's about all.

    "Shaggy, firetruck red hair with a black streak across his zig-zagged bangs." Is how I would've written that sentence, but that's just me. :)

    So far, I think that the plot is unclear. Is this a story about overcoming bullies, falling head over heels for a best friend, coming of age? Or is it something completely different? Does Faira find herself as the head of a new spy organization attempting to assassinate the president? An alien disguised as a human at birth? I mean, there's all sorts of ways you can go at this point.

    Just some food for thought :).
    ~Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arianna I originally had that in the manuscript but I fail at typing. It actually is about demons and more paranormal stuff. I wanted it to be shrouded in mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paranormal? I love paranormal stuff. I cannot wait to read more!

      Delete
  3. In case there is any confusion, I am the certian classmate who thinks the the story is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Although, BSH has given up this story. She has written a LOT of different things (all in which were completely AMAZING). But she can't seem to make up her mind. I believe she's trying angels now, and then she mentioned helping me with my story. I have no idea what she's going to do. Lol. I talk alot don't I?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! <3